Sweet basil is a plentiful herb that can easily be found at your local market. It is a great way to season pasta dishes, pairs well with mozzarella cheese and is one of the main ingredients in pesto. This highly fragrant plant is not only delicious, it is rich in vitamin A, K and C and has some amazing health benefits as well.
Benefits of Basil:
- It is an anti-inflammatory
- Assist in reducing stress
- High in iron and can help relieve menstrual cramps
- Helps detoxify the liver after a night of cocktails
- Anti aging properties
- Rich in antioxidants
Basil is also a great additive to your infused water! It pairs well with both fruits and veggies and adds a fun twist to your water. Here are some of my favorite basil water pairings.
Basil Pairs With:
- Cucumber / lemon
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Basil, basil water, Benefits of Infused Water, drink more water, fruit infused water, fruit water, healthy living, infused water, infused water recipe, infuser bottle, water recipe